Pumpkin Bagels with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese
Top your homemade pumpkin bagels with some delicious peanut butter cream cheese! Perfect for a quick breakfast or snack on the go.
2hr 30m 12 Bagels, Serving Size 1 Bagel Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1 1/2 Water, warm
- 2 1/4 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 5-6 cups Bread Flour
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 2 tsp Salt
- 4 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Clove
- 1/4 tsp Ginger
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 4 Tbsp PB Crave Cookie Nookie Peanut Butter
- Combine the water and yeast in a bowl, set aside to proof. Combine the flour, honey, salt, sugar, pumpkin and spices in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook.
- Add the yeast mixture and mix on low until the flour begins to incorporate. Increase the speed to medium and allow to mix for 8-9 minutes.
- Shape the dough into a ball and place in a greased bowl. Cover with a damp towel and allow to proof for 20 minutes.
- Heat your oven to 425 degrees F. Fill a large skillet with water and bring to a bowl. Then, reduce to a simmer.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and divide into 12 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a 9-inch rope and moisten the ends with a bit of water and pinch together. Cover the bagels with the damp towel for 10 minutes.
- Boil the bagels for minute on each side. Transfer boiled bagels to a wire rack. Arrange the bagels on a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes rotating the pans. Then, bake an additional 10 minutes or until a deep brown color is achieved.
- To bake the cream cheese, combine the cream cheese and peanut butter. Spread on bagels.